“When Supergirl recovered from Luthor’s trap, she was certain that Kal [Superman] was going to somehow send her back into obscurity because of her stupid mistake, but he just smiled: ‘Always do your best. The rest is learning’ (in Crisis on Infinite Earths by GraphicAudio).
This website provides resources on Comic Book Pedagogy.
Why Do Comics and Superheroes Matter?
- Video: “What is it to be a hero?”
- This video captures perfectly why we need stories of heroes, to encourage us to be heroic ourselves, to choose to do good whenever and however we can
- “It’s the choices that make us who we are. And we can always choose to do what’s right” (Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man)
Comic Book Pedagogy Overview
- The Powers of Comic Book Pedagogy
- Bibliography of Comic Book Pedagogy
- Comic Book Pedagogy Teachers
- Comics Studies Texts & Graphic Novels
Comic Book Pedagogy Lessons
- An Intergalactic Mission
- SFU Avengers Academy
- Video: Creative Writing Prompt–Invent Your Own Superhero
Comic Book Pedagogy Presentation
- Video: Tales of Comic Book Pedagogy #1 – The Avengers Save Composition: A Live Super Teachers Performance
- Captain America
- The DC Cinematic Universe
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
- Superhero Films
- Superhero T.V. Series