“When Supergirl recovered from Luthor’s trap, she was certain that Kal [Superman] was going to somehow send her back into obscurity because of her stupid mistake, but he just smiled: ‘Always do your best. The rest is learning’ (in Crisis on Infinite Earths by GraphicAudio).
Origin of the Term “Comic Book Pedagogy”
This website provides resources on Comic Book Pedagogy. The term “Comic Book Pedagogy” was coined by Dr. Gian Pagnucci in 2019 for a collaborative presentation at the 2019 Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC).
Why Do Comics and Superheroes Matter?
- Video: “What is it to be a hero?”
- This video captures perfectly why we need stories of heroes, to encourage us to be heroic ourselves, to choose to do good whenever and however we can
- “It’s the choices that make us who we are. And we can always choose to do what’s right” (Peter Parker, a.k.a. Spider-Man)
Comic Book Pedagogy Overview
- The Powers of Comic Book Pedagogy
- Bibliography of Comic Book Pedagogy
- Comic Book Pedagogy Teachers
- Comics Studies Texts & Graphic Novels
Comic Book Pedagogy Lessons
- An Intergalactic Mission
- SFU Avengers Academy
- Video: Creative Writing Prompt–Invent Your Own Superhero
Comic Book Pedagogy Presentation
- Video: Tales of Comic Book Pedagogy #1 – The Avengers Save Composition: A Live Super Teachers Performance
- Captain America
- The DC Cinematic Universe
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU)
- Superhero Films
- Superhero T.V. Series