Dr. Gian S. Pagnucci as given keynote addresses and professional presentations all over the United States and in Canada, Ireland, and Taiwan. He is happy to give professional writing workshops, timefiction and poetry readings, story writing discussions, academic lectures, and keynote addresses.
A skilled writing teacher, Dr. Pagnucci is able to present on a wide range of topics. Recent talks include the following issues:
- Academic Chairing & Leadership
- Time Management
- Narrative Inquiry Research
- Writing Family Stories
- Teaching Writing
- Helping Students to Avoid Plagiarism
- Comic Books and Superheroes
- Writing Poetry
- Document Design
- Resume and Job Application Letter Writing
Dr. Pagnucci is also an accomplished fiction writer who has given a number of readings of his stories and poems. He has done poetry writing activities with young children.
Dr. Pagnucci is Distinguished University Professor, Chair of English, and a graduate faculty member. He has presented multiple times at the most prestigious and selective leading professional conferences, including CCCC, NCTE, MLA, AERA, and the Computers and Writing Conference. Published by Heinemann Boynton/Cook, Dr. Pagnucci’s book Living the Narrative Life: Stories as a Tool for Meaning Making is widely used, even in classrooms as far away as Austria. Dr. Pagnucci is delighted to be hired to give private lectures about his book and narrative research methods to academic professionals and graduate student researchers.
Live Discussions with Dr. Pagnucci When Using His Book in Your Class
If you are teaching Dr. Pagnucci’s book in a class, he would be happy to do a guest phone conference with your class to answer questions and discuss the book with students. He also is happy to engage with students in email discussions about his book. Dr. Pagnucci generally does these types of “at a distance” speaking interactions for free. Even better, Dr. Pagnucci will do “on location” classroom talks at extremely reasonable rates.
He is comfortable addressing large audiences and also loves to speak to classes and other small groups of students. Dr. Pagnucci has presented to college students, middle and high school students, graduate students, professional teachers, and members of retirement communities. Dr. Pagnucci also loves teaching writing to young children.
Previous Speaking Engagements
Here are just some of the places Dr. Pagnucci has been invited to give guest lectures and workshops:
- Drummond Public Library (Drummond, WI)
- Sienna Center (Racine, WI)
- Spelman College (Atlanta, GA)
Dr. Pagnucci has also given numerous presentations at all the leading conferences in his field. These include:
- Academic Chairpersons Conference (ACC)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Meeting
- College English Association (CEA) Annual Meeting
- Pennsylvania College English Association (PCEA) Annual Conference
- Computers and Writing Conference Annual Conference
- Conference on College Composition and Communication (CCCC) Annual Convention
- Modern Language Association (MLA) Annual Convention
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Annual Convention
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Annual Meeting
- Popular Culture Association (PCA) Conference
- Rhetoric Society of America (RSA) Biennial Conference
- The Teaching Professor Annual Conference
- Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC) Biennial Conference
Fees and Scheduling
Dr. Pagnucci charges modest speaker fees and can usually work a presentation into a regular academic year schedule. Dr. Pagnucci can give 1 and 2 hour presentations and readings, handle full classroom sessions, and also do full or half day workshops.
For information on booking Dr. Gian Pagnucci for a speaking engagement, please use the following contact information:
Dr. Gian Pagnucci
Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Graduate Studies in Composition & Applied Linguistics
Department of English
Humanity and Social Sciences Building, Room 506L
981 Grant St.
Indiana, PA 15705